Today's featured article
Template:Encarta:Today's featured article/November 27, 2021
Did you know...
- .. that a fireworks display at Croke Park to a soundtrack compiled by U2 drummer Larry Mullen, Jr was one of the events held in honour of today's 125th anniversary of the GAA?
- ... that the 1937 Bankers' Toadies incident resulted in the imprisonment of Joseph Unwin, a member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta?
- .. that only 31 Vincent Grey Flash British motorcycles were ever produced?
- ... that Peter Sanders began his career as a professional association football player, switched to playing rugby union, and has subsequently spent forty years running a baseball club?
In the news
- The Internet regulator ICANN approves plans to allow Unicode top-level domains for the first time.
- The African Union, the European Union and the United States impose sanctions on Guinea's military junta leader Moussa Dadis Camara (pictured) and 41 members of the junta.
- NASA's Ares I-X, the first test flight in the Ares I program, is launched successfully from the Kennedy Space Center.
On this day...
Template:Encarta:Selected anniversaries/November 27